ACIM Lesson 67 Love created me like itself.
Love created me like itself.
ACIM Lesson 67
Love created me like itself.
1. Today’s idea is a complete and accurate statement of what you are. ²This is why you are the light of the world. ³This is why God appointed you as the world’s savior. ⁴This is why the Son of God looks to you for his salvation. ⁵He is saved by what you are. ⁶We will make every effort today to reach this truth about you, and to realize fully, if only for a moment, that it is the truth.
Have you ever thought that you were guilty of something you said or did or failed to say or do? How could that be true? Love created you like itself. Any thought, word, or deed that is unlike God cannot be real. It can only be imagination. We are free to imagine whatever we like no matter how absurd, but we are not free to change creation. We remain as we were created no matter what illusions we imagine. The only thing true about any of us is that Love created as an extension of itself so we are Love, too. We are God the Son. We are the light and salvation of the world because of what we are.
Begin the Practice
2. In the longer practice period, we will think about your reality and its wholly unchanged and unchangeable nature. ²We will begin by repeating this truth about you, and then spend a few minutes adding some relevant thoughts, such as:
³Holiness created me holy.
⁴Kindness created me kind.
⁵Helpfulness created me helpful.
⁶Perfection created me perfect.
⁷Any attribute which is in accord with God as He defines Himself is appropriate for use. ⁸We are trying today to undo your definition of God and replace it with His Own. ⁹We are also trying to emphasize that you are part of His definition of Himself.
Most of us have a strange definition of God. Those of us who grew up in a religious atmosphere have learned to believe untrue things about Him. We have learned to fear God, to think of Him as a harsh judge. Many of us likely learned to dread His final judgment and the possibility of being consigned to hell. Jesus tells us of a different God, the true God. He says that God is love, kindness, helpfulness, perfection. His only judgment of us is that we are still as He created us. He created us eternally like Him, and so we remain. An attribute of God is an attribute of us.
The Truth Is Not Out There, It Is in You.
3. After you have gone over several such related thoughts, try to let all thoughts drop away for a brief preparatory interval, and then try to reach past all your images and preconceptions about yourself to the truth in you. ²If love created you like itself, this Self must be in you. ³And somewhere in your mind It is there for you to find.
The memory of the Self is in the mind and we can find it. This is our holy endeavor today. Let us follow these simple instructions and seek out the truth. We are meant to find our Self so we can.
4. You may find it necessary to repeat the idea for today from time to time to replace distracting thoughts. ²You may also find that this is not sufficient, and that you need to continue adding other thoughts related to the truth about yourself. ³Yet perhaps you will succeed in going past that, and through the interval of thoughtlessness to the awareness of a blazing light in which you recognize yourself as love created you. ⁴Be confident that you will do much today to bring that awareness nearer, whether you feel you have succeeded or not.
Jesus is telling us that we may not feel as if we succeeded but urges us not to be discouraged. He assures us that we have done much to bring the moment of success closer. He also tells us that we may succeed today. I appreciate his confidence in me. I also appreciate the reassurance that whatever happens, I have succeeded to a greater degree than I realize. Now I can just relax and give it a try with no pressure to make something happen, which can’t be done anyway. This is not something the ego can control. So, I’m just going do what is asked of me and enjoy the experience however it unfolds.
This Is the Voice for God
5. It will be particularly helpful today to practice the idea for the day as often as you can. ²You need to hear the truth about yourself as frequently as possible, because your mind is so preoccupied with false self-images. ³Four or five times an hour, and perhaps even more, it would be most beneficial to remind yourself that love created you like itself. ⁴Hear the truth about yourself in this.
6. Try to realize in the shorter practice periods that this is not your tiny, solitary voice that tells you this. ²This is the Voice for God, reminding you of your Father and of your Self. ³This is the Voice of truth, replacing everything that the ego tells you about yourself with the simple truth about the Son of God. ⁴You were created by love like itself.
To believe what the Voice for God declares as Truth is not arrogance. It is also not to be feared. Perhaps you, too, were aware of these discouraging thoughts. That is just the ego-mind scrambling to find purchase as it feels you losing interest in it. We are not our ego; we are the maker of the ego. Thus, we can safely let it go as the memory of our true nature returns to us. Since we are not the ego, we do not disappear with it when we let it go. God knows us as a part of Himself and wants us to accept our rightful place in Him where we belong.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 67 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.