ACIM Lesson 32 I have invented the world I see.
I have invented the world I see.
ACIM Lesson 32
I have invented the world I see.
1. Today we are continuing to develop the theme of cause and effect. ²You are not the victim of the world you see because you invented it. ³You can give it up as easily as you made it up. ⁴You will see it or not see it, as you wish. ⁵While you want it you will see it; when you no longer want it, it will not be there for you to see.
We Made it up, We Give it Up
What is the cause of our world? It is the desire to be separate from God and each other so that we can be special. This causes guilt and so we make the world a place to project that guilt believing we will be getting rid of it. Of course, it goes nowhere. Since we made up all of this, literally inventing a world that makes this experience possible, there is no one to blame.
The good news is that since we made it up, we can give it up. We do this by choosing to listen to the Holy Spirit rather than the ego. It is actually that simple. The ego will always take us deeper into the illusion and the Holy Spirit will lead us out of it. The only way for us to know this is true and is something we want is to do it and let it prove itself.
When the plumber came to my house to fix my faucet, I found fault with everything he did. This is because I was looking at him from the perspective of the ego. When I realized what I was doing, I asked the Holy Spirit to show me another way to see him. I preferred the Holy Spirit’s vision because it made me happy and peaceful. When I stopped judging the plumber, I stopped pushing him away. I was able to envision us as one. How I see the world is always up to me.
2. The idea for today, like the preceding ones, applies to your inner and outer worlds, which are actually the same. ²However, since you see them as different, the practice periods for today will again include two phases, one involving the world you see outside you, and the other the world you see in your mind. ³In today’s exercises, try to introduce the thought that both are in your own imagination.
Again, as he has many times, Jesus is reinforcing that the inner world and the outer world are the same. What is in your mind is projected outward and makes up the world as you see it. This is a fact. However, Jesus knows that we will have a problem fully accepting this as true. For that reason, he asks us to practice in two phases. First, use the outer world to practice with and then the world you see in your mind. Then he asks us to remember that both are in our imagination.
3. Again we will begin the practice periods for the morning and evening by repeating the idea for today two or three times while looking around at the world you see as outside yourself. ²Then close your eyes and look around your inner world. ³Try to treat them both as equally as possible. ⁴Repeat the idea for today unhurriedly as often as you wish, as you watch the images your imagination presents to your awareness.
4. For the two longer practice periods three to five minutes are recommended, with not less than three required. ²More than five can be utilized, if you find the exercise restful. ³To facilitate this, select a time when few distractions are anticipated, and when you yourself feel reasonably ready.
5. These exercises are also to be continued during the day, as often as possible. ²The shorter applications consist of repeating the idea slowly, as you survey either your inner or outer world. ³It does not matter which you choose.
6. The idea for today should also be applied immediately to any situation that may distress you. ²Apply the idea by telling yourself:
³I have invented this situation as I see it.
We are given very explicit instructions and asked to use this lesson often during the day. I found this lesson and Lesson 31 to be very important. Accepting these lessons and practicing them frequently helped free me from the ego. I cannot begin to forgive if I still insist someone else is guilty for their life. Letting go of that silly belief has made it possible for me to take responsibility for my errors. And that has made it possible for me to forgive myself and to forgive my projections onto others.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 32 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.
One thought on “ACIM Workbook Lesson 32, Year 2022”