ACIM Daily Lesson 94 I am as God created me.
I am as God created me.
ACIM Daily Lesson 84
I am as God created me.
1. Today we continue with the one idea which brings complete salvation; the one statement which makes all forms of temptation powerless; the one thought which renders the ego silent and entirely undone. ²You are as God created you. ³The sounds of this world are still, the sights of this world disappear, and all the thoughts that this world ever held are wiped away forever by this one idea. ⁴Here is salvation accomplished. ⁵Here is sanity restored.
This one truth, that I am still as God created me, believed is all that is needed to return to Him. All will be undone and sanity restored when this is known. I do all that I can to bring that moment closer. I forgive guilt as soon as I am aware of it. I release the belief in fear as soon as I am able. I remind myself of the truth all through the day. I think of my brother, Jesus, and I think of my Father all day as well.
You Stand in Light
2. True light is strength, and strength is sinlessness. ²If you remain as God created you, you must be strong and light must be in you. ³He Who ensured your sinlessness must be the guarantee of strength and light as well. ⁴You are as God created you. ⁵Darkness cannot obscure the glory of God’s Son. ⁶You stand in light, strong in the sinlessness in which you were created, and in which you will remain throughout eternity.
I used to think that I would never see these promises upheld, at least not in this lifetime. I felt too weak and too fearful and could not imagine being strong and being sinless. Now I realize that while I still have a ways to go, I never doubt it will occur. Maybe in this lifetime, but absolutely at some point, I will experience what Jesus promises.
I do believe that I am not this body and that what I am is unaffected by what is done in time and space. Even though I have not had the experience of Self, I have no trouble believing in it. Over time as I have released more and more ego thinking, my experience in the world has changed dramatically. Even in those rare times when I become afraid, I know that this is ego and not truth. I can generally shift back into peace pretty quickly.
Seeking the Experience
3. Today we will again devote the first five minutes of each waking hour to the attempt to feel the truth in you. ²Begin these times of searching with these words:
³I am as God created me.
⁴I am His Son eternally.
⁵Now try to reach the Son of God in you. ⁶This is the Self that never sinned, nor made an image to replace reality. ⁷This is the Self that never left Its home in God to walk the world uncertainly. ⁸This is the Self that knows no fear, nor could conceive of loss or suffering or death.
As Jesus has before, he is asking me to seek the experience of knowing myself, my real Self. This is the Self that never left Heaven, never suffered and never died. I can have that experience because that Son of God is in me. It is exactly as God created It and is always available to me.
You Cannot Fail
4. Nothing is required of you to reach this goal except to lay all idols and self-images aside; go past the list of attributes, both good and bad, you have ascribed to yourself; and wait in silent expectancy for the truth. ²God has Himself promised that it will be revealed to all who ask for it. ³You are asking now. ⁴You cannot fail because He cannot fail.
I am leaning not on my ego, but on God, Himself. I can forget for a few minutes the idol I made to take the place of God’s creation. Then I will just wait to see what happens.
Well, as it turns out, mostly what happens is a lot of thought. Haha. But I relaxed into it without trying to make anything happen. I didn’t even try to control the thinking mind. I can’t say that my Self was revealed but it became a very peaceful experience. Certainly, I know that as I keep practicing this with an actual experience being my goal, it will happen. It must because God promised it would.
5. If you do not meet the requirement of practicing for the first five minutes of every hour, at least remind yourself hourly:
²I am as God created me.
³I am His Son eternally.
⁴Tell yourself frequently today that you are as God created you. ⁵And be sure to respond to anyone who seems to irritate you with these words:
⁶You are as God created you.
⁷You are His Son eternally.
⁸Make every effort to do the hourly exercises today. ⁹Each one you do will be a giant stride toward your release, and a milestone in learning the thought system which this course sets forth.
Jesus knew I would not necessarily have the promised experience today and he encourages me to do the practices so that I will have that experience. Each one I do will be a giant stride toward my release.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 94 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.