ACIM Lesson 38 There is nothing my holiness cannot do.
There is nothing my holiness cannot do.
1. Your holiness reverses all the laws of the world. ²It is beyond every restriction of time, space, distance and limits of any kind. ³Your holiness is totally unlimited in its power because it establishes you as a Son of God, at one with the Mind of his Creator.
Clearly, this is not about the ego-self. The body/personality, the separate personal self cannot do any of this. But from a healed mind, our holiness flows outward overall we have made and frees us. No laws of the world can obstruct it as it blesses everything it touches. It is unlimited in its power because it is our holiness that is the expression of God through us. It proves we are His Son and at one with the Mind of our Creator.
The Power of God Made Manifest
2. Through your holiness the power of God is made manifest. ²Through your holiness the power of God is made available. ³And there is nothing the power of God cannot do. ⁴Your holiness, then, can remove all pain, can end all sorrow, and can solve all problems. ⁵It can do so in connection with yourself and with anyone else. ⁶It is equal in its power to help anyone because it is equal in its power to save anyone.
That last sentence explains how it is that the power of God manifest through us can help everyone. It is because it can save everyone. In salvation, we know that the world we see is not real and therefore there are no problems to be solved. It seems we have so many problems that even God could not solve them all, but we only have one problem. We think we are separate from God and that problem has already been solved. Salvation shows us that it has been solved.
You Are Holy
3. If you are holy, so is everything God created. ²You are holy because all things He created are holy. ³And all things He created are holy because you are. ⁴In today’s exercises, we will apply the power of your holiness to all problems, difficulties or suffering in any form that you happen to think of, in yourself or in someone else. ⁵We will make no distinctions because there are no distinctions.
Let’s remember that our holiness is the effect of a healed mind. As we choose to think with the holy mind, we remember who we are. Remember that God created us holy and so we are holy. As long as we continue to think with the Holy Spirit instead of with the ego, we apply this holiness to all things. There are no exceptions to what our holiness heals because they are all the same regardless of appearances. And, no matter what happens in the world, we will be separate from that. At first detached from the world and at some point, beyond it.
4. In the four longer practice periods, each preferably to last a full five minutes, repeat the idea for today, close your eyes, and then search your mind for any sense of loss or unhappiness of any kind as you see it. ²Try to make as little distinction as possible between a situation that is difficult for you, and one that is difficult for someone else. ³Identify the situation specifically, and also the name of the person concerned. ⁴Use this form in applying the idea for today:
⁵In the situation involving _________ in which I see myself, there is nothing that my holiness cannot do.
⁶In the situation involving _________ in which _________ sees himself, there is nothing my holiness cannot do.
5. From time to time you may want to vary this procedure, and add some relevant thoughts of your own. ²You might like, for example, to include thoughts such as:
³There is nothing my holiness cannot do because the power of God lies in it.
⁴Introduce whatever variations appeal to you, but keep the exercises focused on the theme, “There is nothing my holiness cannot do.” ⁵The purpose of today’s exercises is to begin to instill in you a sense that you have dominion over all things because of what you are.
6. In the frequent shorter applications, apply the idea in its original form unless a specific problem concerning you or someone else arises, or comes to mind. ²In that event, use the more specific form in applying the idea to it.
The Power of God Lies in My Holiness
⁵In the situation involving a certain medication I was prescribed and am uncertain about, there is nothing that my holiness cannot do. I have no way to know what is best for me. I have a lot of stories in my mind about this medicine and some are good and some are not. But all those stories are based on the idea that I could figure out what is best and none of those stories are truth. All of them are as rooted in imagination as is the body and the medicine that is of concern. Instead, I give all these thoughts and beliefs to the Holy Spirit to be corrected. I choose God, not the ego. All is in my best interest. I trust my holiness. ³There is nothing my holiness cannot do because the power of God lies in it.
⁶In the situation involving sickness in which my dear friend sees himself, there is nothing my holiness cannot do. My holiness sees past the body and the belief in sickness. It blesses all it sees with health and wholeness because that is all that exists. My holiness is not confused by false beliefs and its illusions of sickness.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 38 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.