ACIM Epilogue This course is a beginning, not an end. ²Your Friend goes with you. ³You are not alone. ⁴No one who calls on Him can call in vain.
1. This course is a beginning, not an end. ²Your Friend goes with you. ³You are not alone. ⁴No one who calls on Him can call in vain. ⁵Whatever troubles you, be certain that He has the answer, and will gladly give it to you, if you simply turn to Him and ask it of Him. ⁶He will not withhold all answers that you need for anything that seems to trouble you. ⁷He knows the way to solve all problems, and resolve all doubts. ⁸His certainty is yours. ⁹You need but ask it of Him, and it will be given you.
It may seem to you that this is not true, that you have asked and have not been answered. But I can assure you, you have been answered. The answer is waiting for you to notice it or to be ready to accept it. I know this from my own personal experience. We should not underestimate the level of our resistance to God. But not to worry, we will overcome this resistance.
2. You are as certain of arriving home as is the pathway of the sun laid down before it rises, after it has set, and in the half-lit hours in between. ²Indeed, your pathway is more certain still. ³For it can not be possible to change the course of those whom God has called to Him. ⁴Therefore obey your will, and follow Him Whom you accepted as your voice, to speak of what you really want and really need. ⁵His is the Voice for God and also yours. ⁶And thus He speaks of freedom and of truth.
We cannot fail to return Home. This has been said in the lessons and in the Text, but here, Jesus is uncompromising in this statement. We cannot change what we are or what God has set in motion. To think we can undo reality and oppose God is arrogance that borders on absurdity. No, it doesn’t border on it, it is absurd. It is insane. What I understand now is that what God wills for me, is also what I will for myself. It is the ego construct that thinks otherwise and I am not that.
3. No more specific lessons are assigned, for there is no more need of them. ²Henceforth, hear but the Voice for God and for your Self when you retire from the world, to seek reality instead. ³He will direct your efforts, telling you exactly what to do, how to direct your mind, and when to come to Him in silence, asking for His sure direction and His certain Word. ⁴His is the Word that God has given you. ⁵His is the Word you chose to be your own.
Again, we are in agreement with God. He gave us His Word to direct us and we chose His Word as our director. I highly recommend strengthening your communication channel with the Holy Spirit. This is essential since He is the Voice for God in your mind. He is the Voice for your Self. Leaving the ego behind along with the misery and suffering it brought into our awareness is our purpose here. The Holy Spirit is our Helper and our Guide out of the illusion. You want to be able to hear Him clearly. I developed this channel of communication through meditative writing. You will find our own way. My advice is not to waste any time doing so.
4. And now I place you in His hands, to be His faithful follower, with Him as Guide through every difficulty and all pain that you may think is real. ²Nor will He give you pleasures that will pass away, for He gives only the eternal and the good. ³Let Him prepare you further. ⁴He has earned your trust by speaking daily to you of your Father and your brother and your Self. ⁵He will continue. ⁶Now you walk with Him, as certain as is He of where you go; as sure as He of how you should proceed; as confident as He is of the goal, and of your safe arrival in the end.
Thank you, Brother. I know you won’t mind if I cling to the idea of Jesus for a while longer. I know that we are one and that there is no real difference between us but I have come to love you so much. And though I realize that you are now the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, the image I have of you in my mind is comforting.
5. The end is certain, and the means as well. ²To this we say “Amen.” ³You will be told exactly what God wills for you each time there is a choice to make. ⁴And He will speak for God and for your Self, thus making sure that hell will claim you not, and that each choice you make brings Heaven nearer to your reach. ⁵And so we walk with Him from this time on, and turn to Him for guidance and for peace and sure direction. ⁶Joy attends our way. ⁷For we go homeward to an open door which God has held unclosed to welcome us.
6. We trust our ways to Him and say “Amen.” ²In peace we will continue in His way, and trust all things to Him. ³In confidence we wait His answers, as we ask His Will in everything we do. ⁴He loves God’s Son as we would love him. ⁵And He teaches us how to behold him through His eyes, and love him as He does. ⁶You do not walk alone. ⁷God’s angels hover near and all about. ⁸His Love surrounds you, and of this be sure; that I will never leave you comfortless.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. And I love the idea of God’s angels hovering near and all about. I am so filled with gratitude for this year through the lessons and for His continued love and guidance.