ACIM Daily Lesson 191. I am the holy Son of God Himself.
I am the holy Son of God Himself.
ACIM Lesson 191
I am the holy Son of God Himself.
1. Here is your declaration of release from bondage of the world. ²And here as well is all the world released. ³You do not see what you have done by giving to the world the role of jailer to the Son of God. ⁴What could it be but vicious and afraid, fearful of shadows, punitive and wild, lacking all reason, blind, insane with hate?
The world we see is easily escaped. It seems to be chaotic and dangerous, vicious even, because we made it such. As long as we identify with the body self, it will remain so. The solution is to remember who we are, the holy Son of God Himself.
Deny Your Identity and Know Yourself as Chaos
2. What have you done that this should be your world? ²What have you done that this is what you see? ³Deny your own Identity, and this is what remains. ⁴You look on chaos and proclaim it is yourself. ⁵There is no sight that fails to witness this to you. ⁶There is no sound that does not speak of frailty within you and without; no breath you draw that does not seem to bring you nearer death; no hope you hold but will dissolve in tears.
3. Deny your own Identity, and you will not escape the madness which induced this weird, unnatural and ghostly thought that mocks creation and that laughs at God. ²Deny your own Identity, and you assail the universe alone, without a friend, a tiny particle of dust against the legions of your enemies. ³Deny your own Identity, and look on evil, sin and death, and watch despair snatch from your fingers every scrap of hope, leaving you nothing but the wish to die.
Once again, Jesus is telling us that our problem is simple; we think we are separate from each other and from God. We think we are bodies living in time and space. We think we are something we could not be. Choosing to be identified as less than what we are, the solution is obvious; we must reclaim our identity. When we wake up from this dream of separation, all the suffering and death will be a joke we played on ourselves.
A Game We Play
4. Yet what is it except a game you play in which Identity can be denied? ²You are as God created you. ³All else but this one thing is folly to believe. ⁴In this one thought is everyone set free. ⁵In this one truth are all illusions gone. ⁶In this one fact is sinlessness proclaimed to be forever part of everything, the central core of its existence and its guarantee of immortality.
And once again, Jesus tells us what we need to know to be free again; we are as God created us. This one undeniable fact, if believed, would wake us up. It is the answer to all forms of suffering. How could I suffer if I am as God created me? Would God create me to suffer? In my current state of mind, I am the one that is insane, not God. I am the one who has forgotten what she is and has taken on the burden of a false identity.
He Who has Accepted His True Identity Is Free
5. But let today’s idea find a place among your thoughts and you have risen far above the world, and all the worldly thoughts that hold it prisoner. ²And from this place of safety and escape you will return and set it free. ³For he who can accept his true Identity is truly saved. ⁴And his salvation is the gift he gives to everyone, in gratitude to Him Who pointed out the way to happiness that changed his whole perspective of the world.
This is what our brother has done for us. He remembered that we are as God created us, and the whole story of billions of people suffering through billions of stories was undone. It was undone for us all because we are one mind. What is healed in any mind is healed in all minds. But here we are, sitting in the theater, watching the stories play out over and over again until we, too, remember that we are as God created us.
The World Is Freed as Well
6. One holy thought like this and you are free: You are the holy Son of God Himself. ²And with this holy thought you learn as well that you have freed the world. ³You have no need to use it cruelly, and then perceive this savage need in it. ⁴You set it free of your imprisonment. ⁵You will not see a devastating image of yourself walking the world in terror, with the world twisting in agony because your fears have laid the mark of death upon its heart.
7. Be glad today how very easily is hell undone. ²You need but tell yourself:
³I am the holy Son of God Himself. ⁴I cannot suffer, cannot be in pain; I cannot suffer loss, nor fail to do all that salvation asks.
⁵And in that thought is everything you look on wholly changed.
It Changes Everything
This one thought wholly believed will change everything. We project the world we see from the thoughts in our minds. Fear thoughts show us a terrifying world. Thoughts of hatred show us a hateful world. Belief in pain and suffering shows us a cruel world. But the world is nothing without our projections, and so as we accept the truth of our reality as God’s holy Son, the world must change as well before it disappears entirely.
I am watching the world I see change as my mind changes. It has been a slow shift, but it is like a snowball going downhill. The closer it gets to the bottom of the hill, the more momentum it picks up. This change continues to surprise me and delight me. It is just as Jesus says, we free ourselves from suffering just as easily as we bound ourselves to suffering. The process is incomplete, but it is close enough that I am experiencing the world in a vastly different way.
The Son of God Comes in Glory
8. A miracle has lighted up all dark and ancient caverns, where the rites of death echoed since time began. ²For time has lost its hold upon the world. ³The Son of God has come in glory to redeem the lost, to save the helpless, and to give the world the gift of his forgiveness. ⁴Who could see the world as dark and sinful, when God’s Son has come again at last to set it free?
9. You who perceive yourself as weak and frail, with futile hopes and devastated dreams, born but to die, to weep and suffer pain, hear this: All power is given unto you in earth and Heaven. ²There is nothing that you cannot do. ³You play the game of death, of being helpless, pitifully tied to dissolution in a world which shows no mercy to you. ⁴Yet when you accord it mercy, will its mercy shine on you.
There Is Nothing We Cannot Do
Jesus is very clear in this lesson. We are not human beings; we are pure spirit, the holy Son of God Himself. Nor are we weak and frail, and we are not victims of this world we made. We are powerful. We chose the experience of separation, and we will undo that decision through forgiveness. Jesus emphasizes this when he reminds us that there is nothing we cannot do. We have all the power in both earth and Heaven. We will set the world free as we set ourselves free.
Awaken From Sleep, Son of God
10. Then let the Son of God awaken from his sleep, and opening his holy eyes, return again to bless the world he made. ²In error it began, but it will end in the reflection of his holiness. ³And he will sleep no more and dream of death. ⁴Then join with me today. ⁵Your glory is the light that saves the world. ⁶Do not withhold salvation longer. ⁷Look about the world, and see the suffering there. ⁸Is not your heart willing to bring your weary brothers rest?
11. They must await your own release. ²They stay in chains till you are free. ³They cannot see the mercy of the world until you find it in yourself. ⁴They suffer pain until you have denied its hold on you. ⁵They die till you accept your own eternal life. ⁶You are the holy Son of God Himself. ⁷Remember this, and all the world is free. ⁸Remember this, and earth and Heaven are one.
We made the world in error, Jesus says, but it will end in the reflection of our holiness as we forgive all that we made. Jesus asks us to join with him today. He asks us to look around and see the suffering and to do something about it. All our brothers are suffering, and it is within our power to end their suffering along with ours.
Accept the Atonement
This is not an overwhelming job, even if it sounds like it is. All we need to do is to accept the Atonement for ourselves. That is our part. Today, when I feel pain in my back, I will remind myself that I am still as God created me. When I have a judgmental thought, I will remind myself that I am still as God created me. I am His holy Son, and I will be freed from this long and insane dream and so free my brothers as well.
This is a message from Holy Spirit I received a few years ago.
Me: I was trying to be quiet and listen to Your thoughts, but I was feeling the pull of time. I know I need to get to work. I attempted to give You the time and to trust that You would arrange it for me, but then my mind would go to thoughts of what I need to do at work. This often happens, and it is very frustrating.
Holy Spirit: Precious one, you said that your mind went to thoughts. Your mind does not go anywhere you do not send it.
Me: Ah yes, I forgot, didn’t I? It is such a habit to think that life just happens to me and that it is always being done to me by some guilty son of a gun. Ha!
He Arranges Time for Me
Holy Spirit: Yes, this is so. You have experienced times when you allowed Me to arrange time for you, and you have experienced times when you wanted to be in charge. Either way is ok. Do not make yourself guilty because you chose one way over the other. Simply look at how each choice felt and decide what you want. Myron, it is not a matter of trust for you, because you have had proof that I am able and willing to do this for you. It is simply a decision you make about what you want.
All day, every day, you make choices about which teacher you want to follow. This is no different and is no bigger or more important. It is just another chance for you to practice choosing Me rather than the ego. You get better and better at it each time you do it. Soon, you will do it automatically. Remember, you choose your experience by which voice you choose to hear. You are perfectly free, and can choose the ego voice if you want to, you holy child of God, but do you want that experience? Hear Me; I offer you a different experience.
My message to Holy Spirit
Oh yes, I want to hear Your Voice all day today. I look forward to a day of practice even more than I have before. I have seen that my life is happier because of the practice, but now I have had a glimpse of what it can be. I’ve got to tell you the motivation factor has really gone up!
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 185 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.