God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
1. (169) By grace I live. ²By grace I am released.
³God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
2. (170) There is no cruelty in God and none in me.
²God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
This is our last review lesson and so I am going to remind myself of some of the points Jesus makes in the Introduction to this review.
- ²This time we are ready to give more effort and more time to what we undertake.
- ³God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
⁴This Self alone knows Love. ⁵This Self alone is perfectly consistent in Its Thoughts; knows Its Creator, understands Itself, is perfect in Its knowledge and Its Love, and never changes from Its constant state of union with Its Father and Itself.
- …that this course was sent to open up the path of light to us, and teach us, step by step, how to return to the eternal Self we thought we lost.
- I take the journey with you. We walk together. ⁵Yet a savior must remain with those he teaches, seeing what they see, but still retaining in his mind the way that led him out, and now will lead you out with him.
- ⁴I have forgotten no one. ⁵Help me now to lead you back to where the journey was begun, to make another choice with me.
- ²For this alone I need; that you will hear the words I speak, and give them to the world. ³You are my voice, my eyes, my feet, my hands through which I save the world. ⁴The Self from which I call to you is but your own. ⁵To Him we go together. ⁶Take your brother’s hand, for this is not a way we walk alone.
Jesus is encouraging us to become more committed to our work together and at the same time, assures us that he is with us each step of the way. He is also reminding us that helping our brother along his way is part of our own awakening. What we are doing now, the undoing of the ego through forgiveness, is preparing us for grace.
Grace will take us Home to the memory of Who We are, to our one Self. Our Self is Love and thus not cruelty, cannot attack nor defend. Our Self is exactly like our Creator; perfect Love and eternally at peace. Giving up the ridiculous parody of a self that we made is our part. Grace will do the rest.