ACIM Daily Lesson 97 I am spirit.
I AM SPIRIT.
ACIM Lesson 97
I am spirit.
1. Today’s idea identifies you with your one Self. ²It accepts no split identity, nor tries to weave opposing factors into unity. ³It simply states the truth. ⁴Practice this truth today as often as you can, for it will bring your mind from conflict to the quiet fields of peace. ⁵No chill of fear can enter, for your mind has been absolved from madness, letting go illusions of a split identity.
I am saying this lesson out loud in first person. I want to truly absorb the truth that I am spirit. It needs frequent repeating because the world tells me otherwise with everything I see, hear, and feel. But all of that is an illusion and what I Am is reality.
He Is with You Always
2. We state again the truth about your Self, the holy Son of God Who rests in you, whose mind has been restored to sanity. ²You are the spirit lovingly endowed with all your Father’s Love and peace and joy. ³You are the spirit which completes Himself, and shares His function as Creator. ⁴He is with you always, as you are with Him.
Oh, wow! Saying this paragraph in first person with my hand over my heart brings tears to my eyes. I repeated the process. I don’t know what to say about this other than I feel the truth of it. May I never lose sight of this. The part of the mind that is identified with ego is not happy about this. I feel pain in my body and an urgency to stop writing and prepare for my first Zoom meeting. A phone call needs my attention. The ego would have me think of anything other than that I am spirit. Especially if I am going to take it seriously. Boom! Too late, ego!
Give These Minutes Willingly
3. Today we try to bring reality still closer to your mind. ²Each time you practice, awareness is brought a little nearer at least; sometimes a thousand years or more are saved. ³The minutes which you give are multiplied over and over, for the miracle makes use of time, but is not ruled by it. ⁴Salvation is a miracle, the first and last; the first that is the last, for it is one.
4. You are the spirit in whose mind abides the miracle in which all time stands still; the miracle in which a minute spent in using these ideas becomes a time that has no limit and that has no end. ²Give, then, these minutes willingly, and count on Him Who promised to lay timelessness beside them. ³He will offer all His strength to every little effort that you make. ⁴Give Him the minutes which He needs today, to help you understand with Him you are the spirit that abides in Him, and that calls through His Voice to every living thing; offers His sight to everyone who asks; replaces error with the simple truth.
What Is has Always Been
I know, let’s spend five minutes saving thousands of years! The moments we spend with this lesson are far more important than one might think. Those moments are multiplied over and over. Jesus says this is because the miracle makes use of time but is not ruled by it. This is possible because time is not real. It is part of the illusion. In time, there is always a beginning and an end, but in reality, this is not true. What is, has always been and always will be just as it is. What a strange thing to think of while in the world of time.
He Will Not Overlook One Open Mind
5. The Holy Spirit will be glad to take five minutes of each hour from your hands, and carry them around this aching world where pain and misery appear to rule. ²He will not overlook one open mind that will accept the healing gifts they bring, and He will lay them everywhere He knows they will be welcome. ³And they will increase in healing power each time someone accepts them as his thoughts, and uses them to heal.
And what an honor it is to have this opportunity. As I sit for just a few minutes with this lesson, God is offering all His strength to my every effort. He is extending these truths to others through our work with them. ²He will not overlook one open mind that will accept the healing gifts they bring, and He will lay them everywhere He knows they will be welcome. This will not only help others it will help us wake up and remember we are one with God. I really don’t know how to talk about this. It is all just so beautiful.
Multiplied a Thousandfold
6. Thus will each gift to Him be multiplied a thousandfold and tens of thousands more. ²And when it is returned to you, it will surpass in might the little gift you gave as much as does the radiance of the sun outshine the tiny gleam a firefly makes an uncertain moment and goes out. ³The steady brilliance of this light remains and leads you out of darkness, nor will you be able to forget the way again.
I have this image in my mind. I remind myself that I am spirit and I know that if this is true for me, it is true for everyone. As II sit in silence I allow the Holy Spirit to strengthen this knowing in me. Then I see this truth being taken by the Holy Spirit and given to mind after mind that is open to it. And with each one who accepts this idea, the truth is strengthened in healing power. Then, since what is given is received, it comes back to me stronger than ever. As a result, my faith in it is greater than before.
7. Begin these happy exercises with the words the Holy Spirit speaks to you, and let them echo round the world through Him:
²Spirit am I, a holy Son of God, free of all limits, safe and healed and whole, free to forgive, and free to save the world.
³Expressed through you, the Holy Spirit will accept this gift that you received of Him, increase its power and give it back to you.
8. Offer each practice period today gladly to Him. ²And He will speak to you, reminding you that you are spirit, one with Him and God, your brothers and your Self. ³Listen for His assurance every time you speak the words He offers you today, and let Him tell your mind that they are true. ⁴Use them against temptation, and escape its sorry consequences if you yield to the belief that you are something else. ⁵The Holy Spirit gives you peace today. ⁶Receive His words, and offer them to Him.
I Yield to the Belief I am Something Else
As I sit here, I am experiencing a burning sensation in my back from nerve damage. At one time, this would have been cause for me to focus on the pain instead of on the lesson. But doing these last few lessons has strengthened the truth in me to a whole new level. I could give in to the temptation of thinking about this physical sensation as I have in the past. Instead, I choose to escape its sorry consequences as I yield to the belief that I am something else. The result is that I am in so much gratitude and joy that the body hardly matters.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 97 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.
One thought on “ACIM Workbook Daily Lesson 97, Year 2022”