ACIM Daily Lesson 75 The light has come.
THE LIGHT HAS COME
ACIM LESSON 75
The light has come.
1. The light has come. ²You are healed and you can heal. ³The light has come. ⁴You are saved and you can save. ⁵You are at peace, and you bring peace with you wherever you go. ⁶Darkness and turmoil and death have disappeared. ⁷The light has come.
2. Today we celebrate the happy ending to your long dream of disaster. ²There are no dark dreams now. ³The light has come. ⁴Today the time of light begins for you and everyone. ⁵It is a new era, in which a new world is born. ⁶The old one has left no trace upon it in its passing. ⁷Today we see a different world, because the light has come.
You may be thinking right now that the light has not come for you. But the light is in your mind as it always has been because you are as God created you. This is the real message in this lesson. There is light in you and to experience the world in this way, you need only forgive the world of your split mind. So it is possible for today to be the day that the light has come for you.
When the light has come, or more accurately when you have turned to the light, you will be healed of the belief in separation and you will heal. You will heal because we are all one and what is true for one is true for all. In the light, the darkness, turmoil, and death will disappear. In other words, in light, there is no darkness.
The Real World Rises
3. Our exercises for today will be happy ones, in which we offer thanks for the passing of the old and the beginning of the new. ²No shadows from the past remain to darken our sight and hide the world forgiveness offers us. ³Today we will accept the new world as what we want to see. ⁴We will be given what we desire. ⁵We will to see the light; the light has come.
4. Our longer practice periods will be devoted to looking at the world that our forgiveness shows us. ²This is what we want to see, and only this. ³Our single purpose makes our goal inevitable. ⁴Today the real world rises before us in gladness, to be seen at last. ⁵Sight is given us, now that the light has come.
We have been focused on forgiveness of what is not true in our mind and we should do this. It is our way out of this hellish experience. But we also need to remember the purpose of this work. We will find it helpful to think about that, today. Earlier in my study, I became a very good student of forgiveness, learning to watch my thoughts like a hawk. But in the process of this, I temporarily lost sight of the purpose of all that work. It took a while for me to make that shift in thinking. This lesson highlights that purpose and encourages us to rejoice in it.
Accept Today’s Invitation
It also invites us to accept it. I am sure that all over the world fellow students are studying this lesson at the same time. I am also sure that there are some who will accept this invitation today. Why not you? Why not me? Jesus says that our single purpose makes our goal inevitable so why not accept it now? And if you have not yet let go of other goals then maybe today you would like to do that. Let today be your commitment to total forgiveness. And thus, you will bring the celebratory day of release so much closer. Remember, we will be given what we desire.
I Have Forgiven the World
5. We do not want to see the ego’s shadow on the world today. ²We see the light, and in it we see Heaven’s reflection lie across the world. ³Begin the longer practice periods by telling yourself the glad tidings of your release:
⁴The light has come. ⁵I have forgiven the world.
6. Dwell not upon the past today. ²Keep a completely open mind, washed of all past ideas and clean of every concept you have made. ³You have forgiven the world today. ⁴You can look upon it now as if you never saw it before. ⁵You do not know yet what it looks like. ⁶You merely wait to have it shown to you. ⁷While you wait, repeat several times, slowly and in complete patience:
⁸The light has come. ⁹I have forgiven the world.
Perhaps you are thinking about how just yesterday you fell headlong into a story and found yourself judging and holding a grievance. Or maybe it happened just a few minutes ago. It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t in any way affect this moment. In this moment you can forgive the world and discover the light in your mind. Every moment is a new moment and it is a moment of freedom if we so desire it to be that for us. What does the real world look like? Let your forgiveness show you.
The Holy Spirit Never Fails
7. Realize that your forgiveness entitles you to vision. ²Understand that the Holy Spirit never fails to give the gift of sight to the forgiving. ³Believe He will not fail you now. ⁴You have forgiven the world. ⁵He will be with you as you watch and wait. ⁶He will show you what true vision sees. ⁷It is His Will, and you have joined with Him. ⁸Wait patiently for Him. ⁹He will be there. ¹⁰The light has come. ¹¹You have forgiven the world.
8. Tell Him you know you cannot fail because you trust in Him. ²And tell yourself you wait in certainty to look upon the world He promised you. ³From this time forth you will see differently. ⁴Today the light has come. ⁵And you will see the world that has been promised you since time began, and in which is the end of time ensured.
The Holy Spirit never fails to give the gift of sight to the forgiving. Oh, my goodness, how easy it is to reach our goal. We only need to forgive and the real world is there for us to see. Perhaps you have had glimpses of it as forgiveness has opened you to sight. Maybe you have felt joy rise in you for no seeming reason even as the world around you remains unchanged.
That is the way it began for me. I continue to watch my mind and forgive as soon as I can if I find judgment there. I do it in joy now even as I allow the fear or guilt to rise up to be seen and undone. No, it isn’t pleasant to sit in those feelings, but it is joyful to feel them dissipate in the light of forgiveness.
Rejoice in the Power of Forgiveness
9. The shorter practice periods, too, will be joyful reminders of your release. ²Remind yourself every quarter of an hour or so that today is a time for special celebration. ³Give thanks for mercy and the Love of God. ⁴Rejoice in the power of forgiveness to heal your sight completely. ⁵Be confident that on this day there is a new beginning. ⁶Without the darkness of the past upon your eyes, you cannot fail to see today. ⁷And what you see will be so welcome that you will gladly extend today forever.
10. Say, then:
²The light has come. ³I have forgiven the world.
⁴Should you be tempted, say to anyone who seems to pull you back into darkness:
⁵The light has come. ⁶I have forgiven you.
11. We dedicate this day to the serenity in which God would have you be. ²Keep it in your awareness of yourself and see it everywhere today, as we celebrate the beginning of your vision and the sight of the real world, which has come to replace the unforgiven world you thought was real.
Truly, this is joyful work we do even if it doesn’t always feel like it is. Don’t be discouraged if it seems at times that you are not succeeding. Be patient with yourself and trust the Holy Spirit. I do, and it has paid off in ways I never imagined. Today, allow yourself to feel the serenity in which God would have you be. Let us celebrate the beginning of your vision. And if you have experienced that wonderful shift in which forgiveness is simple and always welcomed, celebrate that! I am. And I look forward in certainty that soon there will be nothing else to forgive.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 75 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.