ACIM Daily Lesson 110 I am as God created me.
I am as God created me.
ACIM Daily Lesson 110
I am as God created me.
1. We will repeat today’s idea from time to time. ²For this one thought would be enough to save you and the world, if you believed that it is true. ³Its truth would mean that you have made no changes in yourself that have reality, nor changed the universe so that what God created was replaced by fear and evil, misery and death. ⁴If you remain as God created you fear has no meaning, evil is not real, and misery and death do not exist.
2. Today’s idea is therefore all you need to let complete correction heal your mind, and give you perfect vision that will heal all the mistakes that any mind has made at any time or place. ²It is enough to heal the past and make the future free. ³It is enough to let the present be accepted as it is. ⁴It is enough to let time be the means for all the world to learn escape from time, and every change that time appears to bring in passing by.
When we declare ourselves as being only what God created, we are saying that we are not bodies at all and never have been. What God creates can never die and never change and clearly, these bodies do both. Therefore, we cannot be the body with which we have identified. It is a relief to even consider this fact. But to be saved from what we made we must do more than consider it. We must choose to release all thoughts that we have not changed reality in any way.
Choosing Guilt and Punishment
I am not this body so I release all belief that I am this. If I am not a body, I cannot be sick or in pain. The experience of sickness and pain can only be a thought in my mind, a thought I want to be true. How strange that seems, that someone could want pain and sickness. But it makes sense if I think about how guilty I had always felt myself to be. Guilt calls for punishment in my mind and so it is done.
Guilt asks for punishment, and its request is granted. ²Not in truth, but in the world of shadows and illusions built on sin. (ACIM, T-26.VII.3:1-2)
The good news is that all of this world is just a belief in our mind and the mind that made it can undo it. Later in the Workbook Jesus tells us this.
3. The Son of God is egoless. ²What can he know of madness and the death of God, when he abides in Him? ³What can he know of sorrow and of suffering, when he lives in eternal joy? ⁴What can he know of fear and punishment, of sin and guilt, of hatred and attack, when all there is surrounding him is everlasting peace, forever conflict-free and undisturbed, in deepest silence and tranquility? (ACIM, W-pII.12.3:1-4)
A Fairy Tale
What if you were very poor and could not remember any time in which this was not true. Poverty seemed to be your only life. Imagine that every day was a struggle to find food and a place to lay your head at night. Then one day, someone found you in a hospital and brought you incredible news. You were not who you thought yourself to be. You were actually the child of rich and loving parents and they very much wanted you in their lives. Your mind had been sick and you had amnesia.
At first, you might not believe this. You might be suspicious of such a statement. You don’t know this person and you wonder if this is a trick to get you to let your guard down. If you left loving and rich parents to live homeless and in poverty, there must be a reason. Maybe it was safer to be where you are than to go back to someone you left. And since you have no memory of your life with them, it makes the story all the more suspicious.
But your parents love you and so they give you time to adjust and to accept the truth. They sent you a kind person to walk with you in your painful existence. This person keeps reminding you of the truth. Finally, you are able to let go of the sad world you made up. You become able to let go of the person you made of yourself to survive. When you do, the memory of your true self and your real-life comes flooding back.
Think how happy this must make you! In your fairy tale, you seemed to be lost and alone in a cruel world. But it was all in your confused mind, not reality at all. When your parents found you and helped you to come out of your insanity, you discovered your real life. After a while, the life of homelessness and despair faded from your mind because it was never real.
We seem to be in this same quandary and our Father has given us a loving Guide to bring us Home. As we slowly let go of the pitiful life we made for ourselves, the memory of our true life begins to return. When this happens, and it will happen, we will wonder why on earth we resisted for so long. We can stop resisting now, if we want to. We remain as God created us, His beloved Son.
All the Past Is Undone
3. If you remain as God created you, appearances cannot replace the truth, health cannot turn to sickness, nor can death be substitute for life, or fear for love. ²All this has not occurred, if you remain as God created you. ³You need no thought but just this one, to let redemption come to light the world and free it from the past.
4. In this one thought is all the past undone; the present saved to quietly extend into a timeless future. ²If you are as God created you, then there has been no separation of your mind from His, no split between your mind and other minds, and only unity within your own.
And so here we are in our own fairy tale. The Guide that our Father sent us is helping us regain our memory. We may have been reluctant learners, but we are coming around. The truth is becoming more compelling and the belief that we remain as we were created is making more sense now. Our Guide has given us exercises to do that will help us let go of the imagined past so that we can have our true Life back. We are slowly beginning to realize that we have never been impoverished and alone in a nightmare existence. How exciting this is!
I Am Ready to Remember
5. The healing power of today’s idea is limitless. ²It is the birthplace of all miracles, the great restorer of the truth to the awareness of the world. ³Practice today’s idea with gratitude. ⁴This is the truth that comes to set you free. ⁵This is the truth that God has promised you. ⁶This is the Word in which all sorrow ends.
I don’t know how it was for others, but for me, these exercises at first didn’t seem to be enough to undo the world I made. My world is so complex and feels so real. These exercises are so simple and straightforward. How could they actually do anything to fix all that I had made? How could just repeating this truth that I am as God created me change anything? But I remember what Jesus told us in Lesson 91.
²This is accomplished very simply, as you instruct yourself that you are not a body. ³Faith goes to what you want, and you instruct your mind accordingly. (ACIM, W-91.5:2-3)
So, I continue to instruct my mind as to where to put my faith. I am tired of being faithful to the split mind. I am ready to remember Who I am.
6. For your five-minute practice periods, begin with this quotation from the text:
²I am as God created me. ³His Son can suffer nothing. ⁴And I am His Son.
7. Then, with this statement firmly in your mind, try to discover in your mind the Self Who is the holy Son of God Himself.
8. Seek Him within you Who is Christ in you, the Son of God and brother to the world; the Savior Who has been forever saved, with power to save whoever touches Him, however lightly, asking for the Word that tells him he is brother unto Him.
Once again, we are asked to go within to find the Christ. And this Self will save all who are ready for His touch. What else could I do today that surpasses this in importance? I gladly give time to this meditation.
The Holy Christ Is Waiting
9. You are as God created you. ²Today honor your Self. ³Let graven images you made to be the Son of God instead of what he is be worshipped not today. ⁴Deep in your mind the holy Christ in you is waiting your acknowledgment as you. ⁵And you are lost and do not know yourself while He is unacknowledged and unknown.
10. Seek Him today, and find Him. ²He will be your Savior from all idols you have made. ³For when you find Him, you will understand how worthless are your idols, and how false the images which you believed were you. ⁴Today we make a great advance to truth by letting idols go, and opening our hands and hearts and minds to God today.
We have made some very strange idols to take the place of the Christ. These graven images that we mindlessly worship are the selves that we claim instead of our true Selves. We cannot be something other than God created so it must be that we are suffering from temporary insanity. We can’t remember what it is like to be the Son of God and so our minds are caught in a fantasy. But today in these five minutes an hour we will do much to regain our true Self, and to help others do the same.
Declare the Truth Often During the Day
11. We will remember Him throughout the day with thankful hearts and loving thoughts for all who meet with us today. ²For it is thus that we remember Him. ³And we will say, that we may be reminded of His Son, our holy Self, the Christ in each of us:
⁴I am as God created me.
⁵Let us declare this truth as often as we can. ⁶This is the Word of God that sets you free. ⁷This is the key that opens up the gate of Heaven, and that lets you enter in the peace of God and His eternity.
And in between the five-minute meditations, I will remind myself frequently that I am as God created me. I will also continue the practice of declaring this truth for those for whom I pray.
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 110 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.