ACIM Daily Lesson 102 I share God’s Will for happiness for me.
I share God’s Will for happiness for me.
ACIM Lesson 102
I share God’s Will for happiness for me.
1. You do not want to suffer. ²You may think it buys you something, and may still believe a little that it buys you what you want. ³Yet this belief is surely shaken now, at least enough to let you question it, and to suspect it really makes no sense. ⁴It has not gone as yet, but lacks the roots that once secured it tightly to the dark and hidden secret places of your mind.
All through A Course in Miracles, Jesus talks about our happiness and how this is what God wants for us. He repeats this idea throughout the Text and in the Lessons. In fact, he talks about our happiness something like 380 times according to the Concordance. I didn’t realize this until now and noticed it only because I was looking for a certain quote. I was amazed at how often Jesus encourages us to be happy but more amazed I had not noticed it before.
A Significant Change
Maybe this means that I am now ready to accept that happiness is God’s Will and my function. Thinking about it though, I realized something. When I shifted a couple of years ago, the most significant change was one of peace and happiness. Nowadays the only times when I lose that remarkable state is when I slip back into a story.
For instance, when something happens to a loved one and I worry I can become immersed in their story. If that happens, I start thinking of the world as real. This immediately throws me out of the Kingdom and I lose that remarkable peace and happiness. I see that happiness is tied to accepting that there is no world and we are not in it.
6. How else can you find joy in a joyless place except by realizing that you are not there? ²You cannot be anywhere God did not put you, and God created you as part of Him. ³That is both where you are and what you are. ⁴It is completely unalterable. ⁵It is total inclusion. ⁶You cannot change it now or ever. ⁷It is forever true. ⁸It is not a belief, but a Fact. (ACIM, T-6.II.6:1-8)
You Have Been Slave to Nothing
2. Today we try to loose its weakened hold still further, and to realize that pain is purposeless, without a cause and with no power to accomplish anything. ²It cannot purchase anything at all. ³It offers nothing, and does not exist. ⁴And everything you think it offers you is lacking in existence, like itself. ⁵You have been slave to nothing. ⁶Be you free today to join the happy Will of God.
When we accept that there is no world and the ego has never actually occurred, we will be free of our fear of God. We will recognize that guilt has no cause and so our fear was unfounded. God has only ever loved us. Without the fear of God, we will see no reason to punish ourselves with pain and suffering. This will free us from our self-inflicted slavery to nothing. Every thought that brings fear and anger with it comes only from the ego and has no power outside our belief in its existence.
The full awareness of the Atonement, then, is the recognition that the separation never occurred. ⁸The ego cannot prevail against this because it is an explicit statement that the ego never occurred. (ACIM, T-6.II.10:7-8)
3. For several days we will continue to devote our periods of practicing to exercises planned to help you reach the happiness God’s Will has placed in you. ²Here is your home, and here your safety is. ³Here is your peace, and here there is no fear. ⁴Here is salvation. ⁵Here is rest at last.
4. Begin your practice periods today with this acceptance of God’s Will for you:
²I share God’s Will for happiness for me, and I accept it as my function now.
³Then seek this function deep within your mind, for it is there, awaiting but your choice. ⁴You cannot fail to find it when you learn it is your choice, and that you share God’s Will.
5. Be happy, for your only function here is happiness. ²You have no need to be less loving to God’s Son than He Whose Love created him as loving as Himself. ³Besides these hourly five-minute rests, pause frequently today, to tell yourself that you have now accepted happiness as your one function. ⁴And be sure that you are joining with God’s Will in doing this.
Ego Speaks First
Another thing that Jesus repeats in the Course is that the ego speaks first and loudest. This does not mean that it is right, just that it is frantic to keep our attention. It is frantic because once we stop listening to it, we will realize it has no reality and without our belief it will not exist. The ego is never as loud and persistent as it is when we start listening to the Holy Spirit instead of it. I ask myself which voice I want to believe, the voice of fear or the Voice of Love?
To enjoy the Pathways of Light Insights on ACIM Lesson 102 click here.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.