ACIM Workbook Final Lessons Introduction
Our final lessons will be left as free of words as possible.
1. Our final lessons will be left as free of words as possible. ²We use them but at the beginning of our practicing, and only to remind us that we seek to go beyond them. ³Let us turn to Him Who leads the way and makes our footsteps sure. ⁴To Him we leave these lessons, as to Him we give our lives henceforth. ⁵For we would not return again to the belief in sin that made the world seem ugly and unsafe, attacking and destroying, dangerous in all its ways, and treacherous beyond the hope of trust and the escape from pain.
2. His is the only way to find the peace that God has given us. ²It is His way that everyone must travel in the end, because it is this ending God Himself appointed. ³In the dream of time it seems to be far off. ⁴And yet, in truth, it is already here; already serving us as gracious guidance in the way to go. ⁵Let us together follow in the way that truth points out to us. ⁶And let us be the leaders of our many brothers who are seeking for the way, but find it not.
3. And to this purpose let us dedicate our minds, directing all our thoughts to serve the function of salvation. ²Unto us the aim is given to forgive the world. ³It is the goal that God has given us. ⁴It is His ending to the dream we seek, and not our own. ⁵For all that we forgive we will not fail to recognize as part of God Himself. ⁶And thus His memory is given back, completely and complete.
4. It is our function to remember Him on earth, as it is given us to be His Own completion in reality. ²So let us not forget our goal is shared, for it is that remembrance which contains the memory of God, and points the way to Him and to the Heaven of His peace. ³And shall we not forgive our brother, who can offer this to us? ⁴He is the way, the truth and life that shows the way to us. ⁵In him resides salvation, offered us through our forgiveness, given unto him.
5. We will not end this year without the gift our Father promised to His holy Son. ²We are forgiven now. ³And we are saved from all the wrath we thought belonged to God, and found it was a dream. ⁴We are restored to sanity, in which we understand that anger is insane, attack is mad, and vengeance merely foolish fantasy. ⁵We have been saved from wrath because we learned we were mistaken. ⁶Nothing more than that. ⁷And is a father angry at his son because he failed to understand the truth?
6. We come in honesty to God and say we did not understand, and ask Him to help us to learn His lessons, through the Voice of His Own Teacher. ²Would He hurt His Son? ³Or would He rush to answer him, and say, “This is My Son, and all I have is his”? ⁴Be certain He will answer thus, for these are His Own words to you. ⁵And more than that can no one ever have, for in these words is all there is, and all that there will be throughout all time and in eternity.
Questioning Why Is Pointless
It used to scare me to think that I deliberately chose to leave paradise. I wondered why I did that. Was it boring? Was God something to be feared? Was He a tyrant who didn’t want me to have any power? Why did I leave? Over the years of practicing A Course in Miracles, I have come to see this questioning as pointless. It is just the ego-mind trying to steer me away from my purpose, which is to awaken from the world.
The Drive to Find God
I think the most helpful thing about the life story I chose to observe is that it was not a happy story. Myron was a victim in so many ways and had so much guilt she couldn’t let herself look at it. Thus, she lived a life of confusion and fear. The saving grace was a drive to find God, even though she didn’t always realize this. That drive kept her looking even when she filled her time with as much distraction as she could. It was the perfect life with which to work once she found A Course in Miracles.
A Perfect Script
Slowly, a gentle step at a time, Jesus has helped me navigate this story so that the mind began to experience clarity. It has begun to awaken to the truth. Where once the life of Myron felt like my life, now I see it is just an ancient memory placed before my eyes. It is a perfect script for awakening. Where once the events in the life of Myron felt like suffering, now they feel like healing opportunities and I can love them for that.
Where once I used to resist these situations, now I welcome them knowing I am not alone and no longer lost. I know why I am here. I know my Father loves me. He saw my error and gave me the Solution to help me correct it. He gave all of Himself to me in my creation and kept it safe while I dreamed of exile. Jesus has reached the goal and thus it is done for us as well since we are One. Our elder brother has stayed with us, holding our hand and helping us make the same choice he did. I am so grateful to him and for his guidebook, A Course in Miracles, and for these transformative lessons.
I invite you to read from Pathways of Light Healing Journal my article, I Am Eternal Spirit. Click Here
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.