ACIM Workbook 11. What Is Creatin?
Creation is the sum of all God’s Thoughts, in number infinite, and everywhere without all limit. ²Only love creates, and only like itself.
What Is Creation?
11. What Is Creation?
1. Creation is the sum of all God’s Thoughts, in number infinite, and everywhere without all limit. ²Only love creates, and only like itself. ³There was no time when all that it created was not there. ⁴Nor will there be a time when anything that it created suffers any loss. ⁵Forever and forever are God’s Thoughts exactly as they were and as they are, unchanged through time and after time is done.
This seems to be saying that creation is and always was and always will be. This is very hard for those of us steeped in the idea of time to understand. Particularly the idea of ‘always was’ seems not to have any meaning. For us, time dictates a beginning and yet, there is no beginning as there is no end for what is real. While we move through the idea of time with all its changes, the truth remains unchanged.
We Are God’s Thoughts
2. God’s Thoughts are given all the power that their own Creator has. ²For He would add to love by its extension. ³Thus His Son shares in creation, and must therefore share in power to create. ⁴What God has willed to be forever One will still be One when time is over; and will not be changed throughout the course of time, remaining as it was before the thought of time began.
We are God’s Thoughts and as such, we are given all the power that our Creator has. That is to say, we have the power to create. We seem to be moving through time but what we are is not changed in the course of time. In other words, no matter what seems to happen in time, nothing happens to us. We remain as we were created. In the same vein, Jesus tells us this in Chapter 3 of the Text: ⁷Much has been seen since then, but nothing has really happened. ⁸Your Self is still in peace, even though your mind is in conflict. (ACIM, T-3.VII.5:7-8)
A Holographic Universe
3. Creation is the opposite of all illusions, for creation is the truth. ²Creation is the holy Son of God, for in creation is His Will complete in every aspect, making every part container of the whole. ³Its oneness is forever guaranteed inviolate; forever held within His holy Will, beyond all possibility of harm, of separation, imperfection and of any spot upon its sinlessness.
We are creation and as such we are the Will of God and we are whole. This reminds me of the idea of a holographic universe that Bohm and other scientists have postulated. In essence, they say that all parts contain the whole and this is what Jesus is saying as well when he says that every part is container of the whole. Jesus says that this oneness is forever guaranteed inviolate being held in His holy Will. It is why we are perfect and sinless in spite of appearances.
Also of interest, Bohm also postulated that his body was a microcosm of the macrocosm, Additionally, he believed that the universe was a mystical place where past, present, and future coexisted. If you would like to read more about this brilliant scientist, here is link to something I enjoyed. Bohm
We Are Creation; We the Sons of God
4. We are creation; we the Sons of God. ²We seem to be discrete, and unaware of our eternal unity with Him. ³Yet back of all our doubts, past all our fears, there still is certainty. ⁴For love remains with all its Thoughts, its sureness being theirs. ⁵God’s memory is in our holy minds, which know their oneness and their unity with their Creator. ⁶Let our function be only to let this memory return, only to let God’s Will be done on earth, only to be restored to sanity, and to be but as God created us.
5. Our Father calls to us. ²We hear His Voice, and we forgive creation in the Name of its Creator, Holiness Itself, Whose Holiness His Own creation shares; Whose Holiness is still a part of us.
I love paragraph four. It is self-explanatory but I will just say that this what we are and this is our purpose. What we are is unassailable and we don’t need to do anything to restore what has not changed. Instead, let us do what we must to remember God, to remember our Selves. I practice watching my thoughts and releasing those that are not true.
I do this so that I can remember our Wholeness, our Oneness with each other and God. As a consequence, I never doubt anymore. My mind is clear enough now to be aware of the Voice for God and to believe in it. Though I don’t yet remember my Self, I absolutely know I am not this body-self, and I am aware of God’s sureness.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.