ACIM Lessons 10. What Is the Last Judgment?
Christ’s Second Coming gives the Son of God this gift: to hear the Voice for God proclaim that what is false is false, and what is true has never changed. ²And this the judgment is in which perception ends.
The Last Judgment
1. Christ’s Second Coming gives the Son of God this gift: to hear the Voice for God proclaim that what is false is false, and what is true has never changed. ²And this the judgment is in which perception ends. ³At first you see a world that has accepted this as true, projected from a now corrected mind. ⁴And with this holy sight, perception gives a silent blessing and then disappears, its goal accomplished and its mission done.
The Midnight Library and the End of Perception
One time I read The Midnight Library about a woman who attempted suicide. She found herself in a vast library and while there, her death was put on hold. As she would choose a book to read it would throw her into a different version of her life. She did this until she came to a final desire about her life. This story reminded me of what is happening here. We just keep cycling through stories that have already happened until we make a final decision about life. For us, the conclusion we are seeking is the end of perception.
We are here to, at last, accept God’s judgment that all of this is not real but that we are. We have never changed and thus remain as God created us. Our perception is being purified as we ask the Holy Spirit for this help. Once purified, its goal is accomplished and no longer needed, it will cease to exist. Instead of the world of chaos that was made from our perceptions, we will see a world corrected. The false world came from our thoughts, and the real world will come from our corrected thoughts.
2. The final judgment on the world contains no condemnation. ²For it sees the world as totally forgiven, without sin and wholly purposeless. ³Without a cause, and now without a function in Christ’s sight, it merely slips away to nothingness. ⁴There it was born, and there it ends as well. ⁵And all the figures in the dream in which the world began go with it. ⁶Bodies now are useless, and will therefore fade away, because the Son of God is limitless.
Without a Cause
Most Christians believe that the last judgment is something to fear. The reason for this fear is that we believe in guilt and believe we are stained with it. Thus, it is only natural that we believe we will be judged guilty and punished. Our purpose now is to undo this belief. The belief in guilt is the cause of our fear of God and the cause of the world as we see it. Once we release this belief, the world of sin and punishment fades from the mind. As Jesus says, ³Without a cause, and now without a function in Christ’s sight, it merely slips away to nothingness. Bodies disappear, too, since they are just symbols of limitation and we are unlimited.
3. You who believed that God’s Last Judgment would condemn the world to hell along with you, accept this holy truth: God’s Judgment is the gift of the Correction He bestowed on all your errors, freeing you from them, and all effects they ever seemed to have. ²To fear God’s saving grace is but to fear complete release from suffering, return to peace, security and happiness, and union with your own Identity.
The Gift of Correction
It seems odd to me that I ever believed that God’s judgment of me would condemn the world to everlasting hell. Obviously, the world as we know it now is already hell and it is the ego-mind that would make this punishment eternal. God’s judgment is the gift of correction. When we made the world of separation, God gave us the Holy Spirit Who corrected all we had made. In our minds are both versions, the version of the world of sin, and the version of the world of Love. We are learning to choose the corrected world that reflects the Love we are.
4. God’s Final Judgment is as merciful as every step in His appointed plan to bless His Son, and call him to return to the eternal peace He shares with him. ²Be not afraid of love. ³For it alone can heal all sorrow, wipe away all tears, and gently waken from his dream of pain the Son whom God acknowledges as His. ⁴Be not afraid of this. ⁵Salvation asks you give it welcome. ⁶And the world awaits your glad acceptance, which will set it free.
Be Not Afraid of Love
It is essential that we accept that there is nothing to fear from God. He is only Love and Love doesn’t hate or punish, It only loves. If we continue to fear God we will defend against love and thus, defend against our happiness and freedom. In Love there is no sorrow and no suffering. Let us not be afraid of this.
5. This is God’s Final Judgment: “You are still My holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving and forever loved, as limitless as your Creator, and completely changeless and forever pure. ²Therefore awaken and return to Me. ³I am your Father and you are My Son.”
Oh, my dear Father, I long to return to you! I will continue to be vigilant for beliefs in the mind that defend against You. I will forgive them wherever I find them, in myself or in others. If they are in my awareness, they are for me to forgive for all of us and I will do so. I ask the Holy Spirit to help me see what needs to be seen and to follow in the path He sets forth for me. I am fully dedicated to this mission I have been given to set the world free. You are my Father and I am Your Son.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.