ACIM 9. What Is the Second Coming? 1. Christ’s Second Coming, which is sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes, and the return of sanity.
The Second Coming
9. What Is the Second Coming?
1. Christ’s Second Coming, which is sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes, and the return of sanity. ²It is a part of the condition that restores the never lost, and re-establishes what is forever and forever true. ³It is the invitation to God’s Word to take illusion’s place; the willingness to let forgiveness rest upon all things without exception and without reserve.
In other words, the Second Coming is the undoing of the ego and all that has occurred since the tiny mad idea. It is undone through forgiveness and it happens for each of us as we are ready. It is happening for me now and for all of us who are reading this and practicing it. That we are doing this work is how we know it is our time to experience this Second Coming. I like how Jesus stresses that it merely corrects mistakes and that it restores the never lost. Clearly, the Second Coming is only undoing illusions. In truth, nothing has happened to be undone except in our confused minds.
Oneness Recognized at Last
2. It is the all-inclusive nature of Christ’s Second Coming that permits it to embrace the world and hold you safe within its gentle advent, which encompasses all living things with you. ²There is no end to the release the Second Coming brings, as God’s creation must be limitless. ³Forgiveness lights the Second Coming’s way, because it shines on everything as one. ⁴And thus is oneness recognized at last.
In this paragraph, I see that Jesus wants us to know that Christ’s Second Coming embraces the whole world and holds it safe. And this: ³Forgiveness lights the Second Coming’s way, because it shines on everything as one. At last, we will recognize oneness. Each time I forgive myself or someone else; each time I forgive a situation or a thought, I am part of the Second Coming. Thus, each time I forgive, I embrace the world and hold it safe. Since Creation is limitless, there is no end to the release I help facilitate through forgiveness.
Still In God, Perfectly Safe
3. The Second Coming ends the lessons that the Holy Spirit teaches, making way for the Last Judgment, in which learning ends in one last summary that will extend beyond itself, and reaches up to God. ²The Second Coming is the time in which all minds are given to the hands of Christ, to be returned to spirit in the name of true creation and the Will of God.
Wow! What a statement this is! There will finally be no more lessons, because who needs lessons once all is learned. Our work is done and our mind is healed. We then are taken into God and that requires nothing of us. I love that last sentence. ²The Second Coming is the time in which all minds are given to the hands of Christ, to be returned to spirit in the name of true creation and the Will of God.
Really, the only thing that happens is that we wake up from the dream that the world of time exists. Since the world is not real, nothing is lost and nothing is left out. It is like waking up from a nightmare to discover you are still in bed and perfectly safe. We will wake up from the dream of separation, from the dream of a world of form, to discover we are still in God, perfectly safe.
4. The Second Coming is the one event in time which time itself can not affect. ²For every one who ever came to die, or yet will come or who is present now, is equally released from what he made. ³In this equality is Christ restored as one Identity, in which the Sons of God acknowledge that they all are one. ⁴And God the Father smiles upon His Son, His one creation and His only joy.
In sentence two, we are told that all will be equally released, those who have come here and those who will come here. This is so because all are one and in the Second Coming this is remembered. Don’t you just love sentence four. ⁴And God the Father smiles upon His Son, His one creation and His only joy. This is already true, but in our release, we will be aware of it as true.
Our Help Is Needed
5. Pray that the Second Coming will be soon, but do not rest with that. ²It needs your eyes and ears and hands and feet. ³It needs your voice. ⁴And most of all it needs your willingness. ⁵Let us rejoice that we can do God’s Will, and join together in its holy light. ⁶Behold, the Son of God is one in us, and we can reach our Father’s Love through Him.
We still have work to do here. We must use the body for the purpose of salvation. We must join with Jesus to bring the Second Coming into manifestation. To say it another way, we must be willing to admit we are wrong and God is right. We must be willing to give up the absurd desire for specialness so that we can remember our own glorious Self.
We all know how to do this. We do it each time we forgive an ego belief. That is, each time we refuse to see another as separate and different from us. We bring the day of release closer each time we decide to forgive rather than defend or attack. We are doing this now and we will accomplish our purpose more quickly if we do it consistently.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.