I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.
1. (185) I want the peace of God.
²The peace of God is everything I want. ³The peace of God is my one goal; the aim of all my living here, the end I seek, my purpose and my function and my life, while I abide where I am not at home.
⁴I am not a body. ⁵I am free.
⁶For I am still as God created me.
This is the lesson that I keep taped to my computer where I spend most of my time. It has been my only goal for a number of years now. Every choice I make, every decision I am aware of making, has to pass that test. Is it going to take me closer to my goal? If not, then I am not interested. It is not relevant so I let it go and ask the Holy Spirit what He would have me choose instead.
The ultimate lesson is that I am not a body, that I am still as God created me and nothing can change that. But to get to that understanding requires certain steps.
- First, I had to accept that the problem, no matter what form it took, began in my mind with a thought. I had to be willing to accept that it is never caused by anything outside my mind.
- Then, I had to realize that I could change my mind and embrace a different thought, a thought more in alignment with the truth.
- Next, I had to be willing to forgive (undo) the grievance I had against someone else because I mistakenly thought they were the problem. Or forgive the circumstance because I thought it was the problem.
- I had to remember that I cannot heal myself, that is, I cannot use ego thinking to heal my mind. So, I learned to look with the Holy Spirit at the situation or the person and allow Him to heal me and show me another way to see.
- And I had to practice these steps over and over to instruct my mind that it was now going to use this method of problem solving rather than the old method of projecting guilt onto others.
As I practiced this more consistently, my mind began to clear and certain ideas from A Course in Miracles began to take on a deeper meaning. I began to accept them more fully and to do so without exception. This is when the realization that I am not this body and not in this body began to feel real to me. It is also when I began to truly accept that the script is written and that there is the Holy Spirit’s corrected script that I can experience rather than the ego script that I was reviewing for so long.
Each decision I make determines the story of Myron that I watch, the story of Myron as seen from the perspective of the ego, or the story of Myron as seen from the perspective of the Holy Spirit. Now that this is known and understood by me, it is just a matter of paying attention so that if the script veers off into guilt and fear stories, I know to ask for correction of my thoughts so that the dream is a happier one. Then I know that I am living my purpose, undoing the ego, or at least the part that I was given to do.