In quiet I receive God’s Word today.
1. Let this day be a day of stillness and of quiet listening. ²Your Father wills you hear His Word today. ³He calls to you from deep within your mind where He abides. ⁴Hear Him today. ⁵No peace is possible until His Word is heard around the world; until your mind, in quiet listening, accepts the message that the world must hear to usher in the quiet time of peace.
Another beautiful and inspiring lesson! It is God’s Will that we hear His Word today so how could we fail? We can refuse to accept that we are given His word but it is given and therefore we have it. It can be as if we are given a check for millions of dollars but refuse to cash it. It is still ours and we can cash it as soon as we are ready.
Where is this word? How do we hear it? It is deep within our mind and to hear it, or to be aware of it, we must take our attention off of the world that we believe exists outside us. That is all. Just shift our awareness from the world and sink into our mind. There we will find our Self. We will find God. Jesus explains how important it is that we accept His word today. No peace is possible until the world hears His message and we are part of the world, so we must accept it.
2. This world will change through you. ²No other means can save it, for God’s plan is simply this: The Son of God is free to save himself, given the Word of God to be his Guide, forever in his mind and at his side to lead him surely to his Father’s house by his own will, forever free as God’s. ³He is not led by force, but only love. ⁴He is not judged, but only sanctified.
We made a decision to have this experience of separation and we must choose to return Home. We save ourselves by simply choosing to release the desire for separation one belief at a time. We have lots of help. We are given the Word of God as our Guide. It is forever in our minds. We have all those who went before us and all those who are traveling alongside us. We are not forced to return; we are led by love to return. We are not judged but only sanctified. I looked up the world sanctify. It means to be declared holy. God does not judge us, He declares us holy. What God declares is Truth eternally.
3. In stillness we will hear God’s Voice today without intrusion of our petty thoughts, without our personal desires, and without all judgment of His holy Word. ²We will not judge ourselves today, for what we are can not be judged. ³We stand apart from all the judgments which the world has laid upon the Son of God. ⁴It knows him not. ⁵Today we will not listen to the world, but wait in silence for the Word of God.
When I think of listening to the Voice for God without the intrusion of my petty thoughts and personal desires and judgments, it makes me want to live like that. I have noticed that the more my mind heals, the closer I am to living in that kind of peace. But it is more than a negative, more than not having these intrusions. What we discover beneath these intrusions is the Word of God and just the little I have experienced is joyous, so much so that I am motivated to do what it takes to have more of that, to have only that.
I love what he says about judging ourselves. We will not judge ourselves because we cannot be judged. The world judges us all the time but the world does not know us. God alone knows us. He knows us because He created us. His only judgment of us is that we are still as He created us. We are very holy. The purpose of spending time in stillness letting His Voice speak to us is so that we begin to remember Who We are.
4. Hear, holy Son of God, your Father speak. ²His Voice would give to you His holy Word, to spread across the world the tidings of salvation and the holy time of peace. ³We gather at the throne of God today, the quiet place within the mind where He abides forever, in the holiness that He created and will never leave.
5. He has not waited until you return your mind to Him to give His Word to you. ²He has not hid Himself from you, while you have wandered off a little while from Him. ³He does not cherish the illusions which you hold about yourself. ⁴He knows His Son, and wills that he remain as part of Him regardless of his dreams; regardless of his madness that his will is not his own.
God does not hide Himself from us. He does not wait until we return to make Himself known. He does not join us in our insane wish to be separate or to see ourselves as frail bodies that suffer and die. He just keeps us safe, perfect and forever part of Him.
6. Today He speaks to you. ²His Voice awaits your silence, for His Word can not be heard until your mind is quiet for a while, and meaningless desires have been stilled. ³Await His Word in quiet. ⁴There is peace within you to be called upon today, to help make ready your most holy mind to hear the Voice for its Creator speak.
We can only be aware of God within our mind if we ignore our thoughts and sink below them. We must still the meaningless desires in the mind. As I do this, I notice how much I want to think, how much I want to pay attention to my thoughts. It is a lifetime habit, a habit developed over many lifetimes. It is how we entertain ourselves and also how we defend ourselves from God and His peace. To develop a new habit, we must be convinced that it is worth the effort and this is what Jesus does for us today and for the last few days. He is telling us that there is huge payoff if we put in the effort to practice being still, to practice listening.
7. Three times today, at times most suitable for silence, give ten minutes set apart from listening to the world, and choose instead a gentle listening to the Word of God. ²He speaks from nearer than your heart to you. ³His Voice is closer than your hand. ⁴His Love is everything you are and that He is; the same as you, and you the same as He.
8. It is your voice to which you listen as He speaks to you. ²It is your word He speaks. ³It is the Word of freedom and of peace, of unity of will and purpose, with no separation nor division in the single Mind of Father and of Son. ⁴In quiet listen to your Self today, and let Him tell you God has never left His Son, and you have never left your Self.
The Voice for God is also Our Voice. It speaks for Us as it speaks for God. It is our Self reminding us of Who We are, calling us Home and It does this because we are ready to return. Yes, there is still some confusion in the mind, some fear, some reluctance, but we have made a decision that it is time to remember the truth. We have called out for help and Help has answered.
9. Only be quiet. ²You will need no rule but this, to let your practicing today lift you above the thinking of the world, and free your vision from the body’s eyes. ³Only be still and listen. ⁴You will hear the Word in which the Will of God the Son joins in His Father’s Will, at one with it, with no illusions interposed between the wholly indivisible and true. ⁵As every hour passes by today, be still a moment and remind yourself you have a special purpose for this day; in quiet to receive the Word of God.
Even when we are not sitting quietly allowing ourselves to become aware of the Self and of God Which are the same we can take moments during the day to be silent and to listen. We will become aware of the Will of God the Son joined with His Father’s Will. We will know ourselves as One.
Do not think that you must hear a voice speaking into your ear. Think of it more as a Knowing in your Heart. And if nothing seems to be happening, do not despair or give up. Trust the process. Trust the word of Jesus. Something is happening and as you are ready to witness it, you will.