I am as God created me.
I am as God created me.
1. We will repeat today’s idea from time to time. ²For this one thought would be enough to save you and the world, if you believed that it is true. ³Its truth would mean that you have made no changes in yourself that have reality, nor changed the universe so that what God created was replaced by fear and evil, misery and death. ⁴If you remain as God created you fear has no meaning, evil is not real, and misery and death do not exist.
What good news this is! How could we ever have thought that God created this world? Could Love have created sickness, cruelty, suffering, and death? Could God have created war and famine? Could God have created those who cause these things? He did create us and so we cannot be part of this world that cannot exist. We are dreaming of separation and from the idea of separation came this world and these bodies. We made all of this from our desire for specialness, but we did not change creation one iota. Only God exists and we exist in God. We are safe.
2. Today’s idea is therefore all you need to let complete correction heal your mind, and give you perfect vision that will heal all the mistakes that any mind has made at any time or place. ²It is enough to heal the past and make the future free. ³It is enough to let the present be accepted as it is. ⁴It is enough to let time be the means for all the world to learn escape from time, and every change that time appears to bring in passing by.
We are here to undo this illusion and awaken from the dream that we are separate from each other and from God. It is pure insanity to believe any of this could be real. If God could have created this, He would be cruel but God is Love and Love is not cruel. This one lesson, this one truth that we remain as we were created, would wake us up to the truth if we would believe it.
3. If you remain as God created you, appearances cannot replace the truth, health cannot turn to sickness, nor can death be substitute for life, or fear for love. ²All this has not occurred, if you remain as God created you. ³You need no thought but just this one, to let redemption come to light the world and free it from the past.
Could it be this simple to save the world? To doubt that it is simple is to doubt the truth in favor of the illusion. The world we made is just an idea in the mind. Have you ever changed your mind? Of course, you have. We change our minds all the time. What makes this seem hard to do is that we made the world to appear real. This belief in our mind reinforces its effect, the world we see and experience every day. But we are using an illusion to convince us the illusion exists. We can change our minds.
4. In this one thought is all the past undone; the present saved to quietly extend into a timeless future. ²If you are as God created you, then there has been no separation of your mind from His, no split between your mind and other minds, and only unity within your own.
We can, right now, undo the past and thus assure a future without the effects of the past. This is our purpose, the reason we chose to experience this life. We could wake up to realize that we are exactly as God created us with no separation from His Mind and no separation from other minds. It is possible to do this while still in the illusion.
5. The healing power of today’s idea is limitless. ²It is the birthplace of all miracles, the great restorer of the truth to the awareness of the world. ³Practice today’s idea with gratitude. ⁴This is the truth that comes to set you free. ⁵This is the truth that God has promised you. ⁶This is the Word in which all sorrow ends.
Do you notice that Jesus asks us to practice today’s idea? He knows that just reading that we are as God created us is not enough to convince us of the truth or to bring back the memory of reality. But as we practice the lesson, we move a little closer to our awakening. If we practice it with conviction, we will move much closer.
Here is a simple thing I do to bring my mind and thus all minds, closer to truth. When I got up from sitting here in front of the computer, I felt stiff and I had some discomfort in my body. I noticed this and then I refuted it. I am not the body that is stiff and uncomfortable. I am still as God created me.
It is a little thing but done all day every day, it makes a difference. I do this when I have a headache, or when the news shows me a world God could not have created. I do it when someone I love seems to be suffering and I remember that this is not who they are and who they are is safe in God where they always have been.
6. For your five-minute practice periods, begin with this quotation from the text:
²I am as God created me. ³His Son can suffer nothing. ⁴And I am His Son.
7. Then, with this statement firmly in your mind, try to discover in your mind the Self Who is the holy Son of God Himself.
8. Seek Him within you Who is Christ in you, the Son of God and brother to the world; the Savior Who has been forever saved, with power to save whoever touches Him, however lightly, asking for the Word that tells him he is brother unto Him.
Jesus is giving us another way to practice this essential lesson. He is asking us to go within again and seek your holy Self. He tells us that we are Christ, we are the Son of God. He tells us that we are the bother to the world. We are the Savior Who has been forever saved and that we have the power to save others who are ready for salvation. This is who we really are, not these bodies and these separate personal selves who come to suffer a while and then to die. This Self is what we seek to find within our holy minds and to sit with a while so that when we return to the world, we bring with us the memory of ourselves as God created us.
9. You are as God created you. ²Today honor your Self. ³Let graven images you made to be the Son of God instead of what he is be worshipped not today. ⁴Deep in your mind the holy Christ in you is waiting your acknowledgment as you. ⁵And you are lost and do not know yourself while He is unacknowledged and unknown.
This is a good plan. I start by reading these words from Jesus who has gone before us to show us the way. I then spend time slipping out of the world of dreams for a while, seeking my Self, letting the truth permeate my mind. Then I spend the day reinforcing this memory as I deny the illusion each time I notice that it is intruding on reality.
10. Seek Him today, and find Him. ²He will be your Savior from all idols you have made. ³For when you find Him, you will understand how worthless are your idols, and how false the images which you believed were you. ⁴Today we make a great advance to truth by letting idols go, and opening our hands and hearts and minds to God today.
What else could possibly be as valuable to us as this? It makes me tired just thinking of enduring another day of reinforcing the illusion of suffering. It lightens my mood to think of using today to undo it for myself and on behalf of all my brothers. So little is being asked of me and the reward is so great. I can do this without missing a beat in my planned day.
A few moments this morning, and then remembering Him all during the day as I go about my business. If I have a thought of fear or guilt or anger, I can remember the truth. “Oh, yeah. This can’t be real because I am as God created me.” This is so simple for something that is going to end all suffering and bring us Home. How could I not do this?
11. We will remember Him throughout the day with thankful hearts and loving thoughts for all who meet with us today. ²For it is thus that we remember Him. ³And we will say, that we may be reminded of His Son, our holy Self, the Christ in each of us:
⁴I am as God created me.
⁵Let us declare this truth as often as we can. ⁶This is the Word of God that sets you free. ⁷This is the key that opens up the gate of Heaven, and that lets you enter in the peace of God and His eternity.
I will not forget my brother today as I practice. If I feel even the slightest desire to judge, I will remember that I am as God created me and so is this my dear brother. This will open my heart and touch his with the truth as well.