ACIM Workbook 6. What Is the Christ? Christ is God’s Son as He created Him. ²He is the Self we share, uniting us with one another, and with God as well.
6. What Is the Christ?
1. Christ is God’s Son as He created Him. ²He is the Self we share, uniting us with one another, and with God as well. ³He is the Thought which still abides within the Mind that is His Source. ⁴He has not left His holy home, nor lost the innocence in which He was created. ⁵He abides unchanged forever in the Mind of God.
2. Christ is the link that keeps you one with God, and guarantees that separation is no more than an illusion of despair, for hope forever will abide in Him. ²Your mind is part of His, and His of yours. ³He is the part in which God’s Answer lies; where all decisions are already made, and dreams are over. ⁴He remains untouched by anything the body’s eyes perceive. ⁵For though in Him His Father placed the means for your salvation, yet does He remain the Self Who, like His Father, knows no sin.
That first sentence – Christ is God’s Son as He created Him – this is what we are. But to identify with this Self, I must first release my identify with this body. A body cannot be the Christ. A body cannot be a Thought in the Mind of God. A body cannot be one with other bodies. The idea of bodies represent the desire to be forever separate from each other and from God. The Christ is the certainty that this is not us. We are, as one, the Christ.
This Is the Part of You that Is Real
3. Home of the Holy Spirit, and at home in God alone, does Christ remain at peace within the Heaven of your holy mind. ²This is the only part of you that has reality in truth. ³The rest is dreams. ⁴Yet will these dreams be given unto Christ, to fade before His glory and reveal your holy Self, the Christ, to you at last.
4. The Holy Spirit reaches from the Christ in you to all your dreams, and bids them come to Him, to be translated into truth. ²He will exchange them for the final dream which God appointed as the end of dreams. ³For when forgiveness rests upon the world and peace has come to every Son of God, what could there be to keep things separate, for what remains to see except Christ’s face?
The Christ, which is the home of the Holy Spirit, is the only part of us that is real. It is where we remain one and at peace. It is our holy mind. Everything else is a dream But we can give these dreams to the Holy Spirit and they will be translated into truth and traded for the final dream, the dream of a forgiven world, what Jesus calls the real world.
The Face of Christ
5. And how long will this holy face be seen, when it is but the symbol that the time for learning now is over, and the goal of the Atonement has been reached at last? ²So therefore let us seek to find Christ’s face and look on nothing else. ³As we behold His glory, will we know we have no need of learning or perception or of time, or anything except the holy Self, the Christ Whom God created as His Son.
Here, Jesus uses the Face of Christ as a symbol of forgiveness. It represents the goal of Atonement met, learning and perception no longer needed. When we look on anyone and everyone as representing only the Face of Christ, we will be ready for God to reach down and take us up to Him. The nightmare will be over.
Forgiveness is something I understand and know how to do so this is the part that is most comfortable for me to think of. I know that when I think I or someone else is guilty of anything, I am mistaken. Yes, the character in their story is guilty but we are not these stories. We, the children of God, are innocent and remain innocent no matter what is done in these dreams.
I can see past the dream character to my dear brother who is as he was created and this is seeing in him the Face of Christ. I cannot make any exceptions to this. I cannot look on any dream character and think it is real and see the Face of Christ. I am reminded by Jesus that there is no one in these bodies, not in mine nor in yours. The Christ in you inhabits not a body. ²Yet He is in you. ³And thus it must be that you are not within a body. (ACIM, T-25.in.1:1-3)
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.