ACIM Workbook 2. What Is Salvation? teaches me that salvation is a promise made by God that I would find my way back to Him at last.
Salvation is a promise made by God.
1. Salvation is a promise, made by God, that you would find your way to Him at last. ²It cannot but be kept. ³It guarantees that time will have an end, and all the thoughts that have been born in time will end as well. ⁴God’s Word is given every mind which thinks that it has separate thoughts, and will replace these thoughts of conflict with the Thought of peace.
2. The Thought of peace was given to God’s Son the instant that his mind had thought of war. ²There was no need for such a Thought before, for peace was given without opposite, and merely was. ³But when the mind is split there is a need of healing. ⁴So the Thought that has the power to heal the split became a part of every fragment of the mind that still was one, but failed to recognize its oneness. ⁵Now it did not know itself, and thought its own Identity was lost.
The Holy Spirit is the Thought of Peace
This Thought of peace is what we call the Holy Spirit. In the moment that we chose to have this experience, God placed His Guarantee of salvation in the mind. In this way, He has given us the wherewithal to return Home when we were ready. We imagined all the scripts and all the variations on those scripts that represent the desire for specialness and separation. In the same instant, the Holy Spirit gave us the corrected version of those scripts. Our job is to choose His version over and over until it is the only version of the script that we live. Thus the mind that has always been one, is healed and will know its Oneness.
Salvation Undoes Illusions by Not Supporting Them
3. Salvation is undoing in the sense that it does nothing, failing to support the world of dreams and malice. ²Thus it lets illusions go. ³By not supporting them, it merely lets them quietly go down to dust. ⁴And what they hid is now revealed; an altar to the holy Name of God whereon His Word is written, with the gifts of your forgiveness laid before it, and the memory of God not far behind.
The moment we recognize that we are entertaining ego thoughts, the healing begins. We don’t have to do anything to accomplish the healing. In fact, we simply need to be willing to see what needs correction and to want that correction. Then we will see what has always been there. ⁴And what they hid is now revealed; an altar to the holy Name of God whereon His Word is written, with the gifts of your forgiveness laid before it, and the memory of God not far behind.
Come Daily in Silence and From Here We Give Salvation to the World
4. Let us come daily to this holy place, and spend a while together. ²Here we share our final dream. ³It is a dream in which there is no sorrow, for it holds a hint of all the glory given us by God. ⁴The grass is pushing through the soil, the trees are budding now, and birds have come to live within their branches. ⁵Earth is being born again in new perspective. ⁶Night has gone, and we have come together in the light.
5. From here we give salvation to the world, for it is here salvation was received. ²The song of our rejoicing is the call to all the world that freedom is returned, that time is almost over, and God’s Son has but an instant more to wait until his Father is remembered, dreams are done, eternity has shined away the world, and only Heaven now exists at all.
What happens as the mind is healed is that the conflict of everyday life subsides. The anxiety that comes from separation goes away and life becomes very peaceful. Happiness becomes a consistent state. We lose interest in judgment and grievances. Because we always give what we have, the world benefits from this shift and is saved.
Jesus says that at this point, it is only an instant more before the Father is remembered and dreams are done. Consequently, the world is shined away and only Heaven exists. I think it will feel like more than an instant to us. Or maybe the way it happens is that each of us begins to experience this Heaven on earth transformation. At some point, all the world experiences it, and then maybe it really is only an instant before God takes that last step.
If you found this content helpful, please share on social media so more people can read and learn.